Welcome to this week's episode of This Week in Blockchain!
Each week your host, Conor Svensson, founder and CEO of Web3 Labs, will provide a rundown of the major events that took place in the blockchain industry that are relevant to business during the past week.
Listen here -
Watch here -
Overview and links to all events mentioned in episode #9 -
- Bitcoin price shoots past $60K, Ether hits new ATH
- 100 cryptocurrencies reach a $1B market cap
- Ripple, CoinShares, ConsenSys Join Crypto Climate Accord
- Key Ethereum researchers vote to ship Proof-of-Stake in 2021
- Japan's central bank begins digital currency experiments
- Sacramento Kings set to offer Bitcoin as salary option
- Grayscale News - GBTC to an ETF, Chainlink, Nahmii Project Token
- MicroStrategy announces purchase of $15 million Bitcoin
- Meitu buys another $10M Bitcoin completing its treasury allocation plan
- Coinbase posts record $1.8B in revenue
- Revolut adds 11 new tokens and calls 2021 'the year of crypto'
- Fidelity, Coinbase, Square form Crypto Council for Innovation
- Miami collaborates with Ethereum developers to put city services on the blockchain
- Signal users in the UK can now beta test MobileCoin
- NEAR Protocol launches Ethereum bridge for cross-chain interoperability
- Tether to launch USDT stablecoin on Polkadot and Kusama
- Millions drained in ForceDAO attacks, White Hat returns funds
- Shopify CEO asks crypto community about how to integrate DeFi
- Compound hits $15B in total lending value
- Ethereum-based DeFi protocol Balancer to expand on Algorand
- Gucci and other luxury fashion brands poised to launch NFTs
- Coinbase employees exchange NFT rings in wedding ceremony
- Mark Cuban, Snoop, Ashton Kutcher team up for NFT ‘Shark Tank’
- Auction house Sotheby's is hosting its first NFT sale
- Christie's is auctioning off a collection of nine CryptoPunks
- Real-life street art KIWIE NFTs are getting listed on Rarible
- McDonald's teases a NFT Big Mac
- Crypto Market Cap
- Assets Locked in DeFi
- NFT volumes
We'd love to hear what you think about our new 'This Week in Blockchain' updates - you can join us to discuss this podcast on Clubhouse weekly at 13:00 EST / 17:00 BST or leave a comment below the video with your thoughts.
If you’d like to learn more and understand the opportunities blockchain presents to your business, feel free to sign up to one of our upcoming Principles of Successful Blockchain Deployments Webinars.