Welcome to this week's episode of This Week in Blockchain!
Each week your host, Conor Svensson, founder and CEO of Web3 Labs, will provide a rundown of the major events that took place in the blockchain industry that are relevant to business during the past week.
Listen here -
Watch here -
Overview and links to all events mentioned in episode #10 -
- Bank of England establish new taskforce to explore digital currency
- PwC CBDC global index April 2021 1st Edition
- Chinese regulator says Bitcoin is an ‘alternative investment’
- Ether hits new record ATH
- Justin Drake predicts staking rewards will at least double with the chain merge
- IDC estimates $19 B global spending on blockchain solutions in 2024
- Venmo announced the launch of crypto on Venmo
- Three Ether ETFs begin trading on Toronto Stock Exchange
- TIME Magazine accepts crypto for digital subscriptions
- WeWork starts accepting crypto
- Baillie Gifford invests $100M in Blockchain.com
- NatWest’s stance on crypto?
- Cartier owner Richemont chose a public blockchain
- Prada and Cartier join the LVMH Aura blockchain consortium
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot
- Swiss exchange SDX joins Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Cardano and Polkadot extend staked capitalization dominance
- New set of offerings on Polkadot
- Uniswap records $10 B in Weekly Trading Volume
- Uniswap deploys V3 contracts to four Ethereum testnets
- Cream Finance launches $1.5M bug bounty to improve DeFi security
- DeFi Protocol EasyFi reports hack - loss of over $80M
- JumpNet attracts 50+ NFT projects within 2 Weeks of launch
- IPwe to launch NFT platform for patents using IBM tech
- Crypto Market Cap
- Assets locked in DeFi
- NFT Volumes
We'd love to hear what you think about our new 'This Week in Blockchain' updates - you can join us to discuss this podcast on Clubhouse weekly at 12:00 EST / 17:00 BST or leave a comment below the video with your thoughts.
If you’d like to learn more and understand the opportunities blockchain presents to your business, feel free to sign up to one of our upcoming Principles of Successful Blockchain Deployments Webinars.