Welcome to this week's episode of This Week in Blockchain!
Each week your host, Conor Svensson, founder and CEO of Web3 Labs, will provide a rundown of the major events that took place in the blockchain industry that are relevant to business during the past week.
Make 'This Week in Blockchain' part of your weekly routine, it’s a great opportunity for you to catch up with the latest trending blockchain events in one place.
Listen here -
Watch here -
Overview and links to all events mentioned in episode #8 -
- Visa allows USDC payments on Ethereum
- PayPal announces crypto checkout service for 29M merchants
- Ether hits new all time high of $2100 and Bitcoin rises above 60k
- UK tax authority releases new guidance on crypto
- Crypto M&A doubled to $1.1B in 2020: PwC
- CME expands Bitcoin offering to include Micro Future
- Goldman Sachs close to offering Bitcoin to its wealth management clients
- Coinbase's direct listing on Nasdaq planned for April 14 - ticker COIN
- Teletubbies launch new ‘Tubbycoin’ cryptocurrency
- Chainalysis announced $100M in Series D financing
- Ethereum’s Zamfir has copyright injunction against CasperLabs denied
- ShuttleOne to build DeFi Blockchain Solution for SME lending and remittance market
- Block production on Cardano is now fully decentralized
- Cosmos investors vote to approve inter-blockchain communication
- DeFi wallet links Aave, Uniswap, and Compound straight to bank account
- Aave working with Polygon to bypass Ethereum congestion
- $11B in ‘fake’ Uniswap volume causes DeFi project and DEX to clash
- ConsenSys lines up Damien Hirst to launch new NFT art protocol
- Uniswap V3 video ad NFT sells for $525,000
- Mark Cuban sees NFT ticketing as the mass-market disruptor
- Charles Hoskinson’s plan to push Cardano as top NFT platform
- Justin Sun unveils fund for ‘Top-Notch’ NFT art worth at least $1M
- Dapper Labs raises $305M funding, now valued at $2.6B
- NFT marketplace SuperRare raises $9M in Series A funding round
- Enjin raises nearly $19M to build Polkadot-based blockchain for NFTs
- NFT marketplace OpenSea to add Ethereum layer 2 protocol
- Decentraland Launches Dapp Portal With Polygon
- NFT investment firm to float in London
- Crypto Market Cap
- Assets Locked in DeFi
- NFT Volumes
We'd love to hear what you think about our new 'This Week in Blockchain' updates - join us next week to discuss this podcast on Clubhouse at 12:00 ET / 17:00 BST or leave a comment below the video with your thoughts.
If you’d like to learn more and understand the opportunities blockchain presents to your business, feel free to sign up to one of our upcoming Principles of Successful Blockchain Deployments Webinars.